⚽ Europa League - Chelsea v. Arsenal - Tips & Predictions - UEL 2019 Final
- Arsenal against Chelsea will be the second all-English UEFA Cup/Europa League final in history, after Tottenham against Wolves in the UEFA Cup final in 1972.
- This is the 198th meeting in all competitions between Arsenal and Chelsea but only the third in European competition – they met in the 2003-04 Champions League quarter-final, with the Blues progressing 3-2 on aggregate.
- Arsenal vs Chelsea will be the first fixture to played in the FA Cup final, League Cup final and a major European final.
- This will be both Arsenal and Chelsea’s sixth final in major UEFA competitions – only Man Utd (7) and Liverpool (14 – including 2019 Champions League) have reached more among English clubs.
- Arsenal have lost four of their five major European finals, with their only victory coming in the 1994 Cup Winners’ Cup against Parma; they’ve lost each of their last three, losing in the 1995 Cup Winners’ Cup, 2000 UEFA Cup and 2006 Champions League finals.
- Chelsea have won four of their five major European finals (2x Cup Winners’ Cup/1x Champions League/1x Europa League). Among English teams, only Man Utd (5) and Liverpool (8) have won more major European finals.
- This final will be third time two teams from the same nation have faced in the Europa League final, after Porto v Braga in 2011 and Atletico Madrid v Athletic Club in 2012.
- Arsenal manager Unai Emery has won the Europa League more often than any other manager, winning it three times in 2014, 2015 and 2016 with Sevilla.
- Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has scored 10 Europa League goals this season, the most by a Blues player in a single European season (excl. qualifiers) and the joint-most by a French player in major European competition in a season – Nestor Combin in the 1963-64 Cup Winners’ Cup and Just Fontaine in the 1958-59 European Cup also scored 10.
- Arsenal’s Unai Emery could become only the fourth manager to win the UEFA/Europa League with two different teams, after Giovanni Trapattoni (Juventus & Inter Milan), Jose Mourinho (Porto & Man Utd) and Rafael Benitez (Valencia & Chelsea).
- Both Arsenal and Chelsea have won 11 Europa League games this season – only three teams have ever won more major European games in a single season (excluding qualifiers); Real Madrid in 2001-02 (12), Porto in 2010-11 (12) and Atletico Madrid in 2011-12 (13).
- If Arsenal win this match, only Giovanni Trapattoni (5) will have won more major European finals than Unai Emery (4), while only three other managers would have won as many as four with a 100% record in each final – Nereo Rocco, Bob Paisley and Jose Mourinho.
- Chelsea’s Maurizio Sarri is the first Italian to manage in a UEFA Cup/Europa League final since Alberto Malesani in 1999, who won the trophy with Parma that year.
- The two previous Italians to manage an English club in a major European final have managed Chelsea to victory – Gianluca Vialli in the 1998 Cup Winners’ Cup final and Roberto Di Matteo in the 2012 Champions League final.
- Arsenal’s last eight Europa League goals have been scored by either Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (4) or Alexandre Lacazette (4).
- Azerbaijan will be the 24th different country to host a major European final and the third consecutive year a country will host a major final for the first time – Wales for the 2016-17 Champions League final and Ukraine for the 2017-18 Champions League final.
Like what you see? Agree/disagree?
Leave a comment and follow us or comment on this blog on Twitter
Since you’re here, please read this…
… we have a small favour to ask our visitors. More and more punters are reading and supporting our independent & informative sports betting tips & predictions than ever before. And unlike many tips & predictions sites, we have chosen an approach that allows us to keep our tips & predictions accessible to all, regardless of where they live or what they can afford.
UKbetTips is editorially independent, meaning we set our own agenda and our own matches to bet on. Our betting tips & predictions are free from commercial bias and not influenced by major bookmakers or bet-exchanges. No one edits our tips & predictions editor. No one steers our opinion and thoughts to get to the tips presented on our site. This is important as it enables us to give a free from commercial bias offer of daily ACCA's , BestBets, Daily Trebles, Both teams to Score, Over/Under and more. It’s what makes us different to so many other sites in the tips & predictions area, at a time when factual, honest posting of usefull tips is critical.
Every contribution we receive from visitors like you, big or small, goes directly into funding our tips & predictions. Your support will enable us to keep posting tips & predictions for free as we do now. We must maintain and build on it for every day to come.
Support UKBetTips from as little as €1 – and it only takes a minute.
Thank you & best of luck!